Sunday, July 26, 2009

Birthday Shoutout!!!

Summer time for the Smith family is all about birthdays! Seriously, at least one a week. So it may be late, but here is a special shout-out to my 2 sisters with summer birthdays:

First, EmmaLee



Thanks for:

-teaching me how to dance
-adding a slew of 80s prom dresses to the costume bucket
-changing my diaper (i'll give you the benefit of the doubt)
-teaching me to change your kids diapers
-giving me advice on being a grown up/boys/whatever
-being helpful whenever you're needed


Now, Bethany

I appreciate YOU for:
-spinning me around singing "Jimmy Oh Jimmy" from Saturdays warriors
-waking me up in the middle of the night to tell me the house is on fire or that its christmas
-telling me when it was time to start wearing a bra
-sending me a letter from Hogwarts on my 11th birthday (complete with scattered bird feathers) -telling me I was adopted, that there were secret passages in the house, etc.
-keeping in touch
-being excited about my wedding before I was even close to being engaged/helping with all the plans, the dress, bachelorette party. etc
-spooning me in EVERY family picture

These are just a few of the MANY reasons why I like you two. O.k. fine, I even love you! Happy Birthday(S)!!!

6 comments:

Kambria Smith Robinson said...

Correction: I was the one who spun buff around singing jimmy oh jimmy cuz I was bigger...then amy and richard would make us fight each other... cuz I was bigger which is not exactly as cool or flattering as it was then.

8/15 + n/j = grownups. PLUS, I saw beans with long hair today and thought he's really an ugly kid.

Anonymous said...

Aww that was nice. Your lucky to have such great sisters even if ya do get spooned every now and then. LOL

s.s. bazodi said...

Wow that was really nice...and really true. I forgot that AMy and Ruchturd made kami and I fight.

Shums said...

I DIDN'T EITHER! that is a bald-faced lie.

props for using the real L word.

PS- are you sure it wasn't mom who told you about the secret passages?

Shums said...

PPS- before Em can correct me, I know the correct term is "bold-faced lie".

BUT i like to call it bald. it's just the way i picture that kind of lie in my head.

Em said...

Thank you dear sister! I feel a little cheated, because I think a lot of the action took place after I left for college. I never knew about any cage fights! You are a fabulous sis, and I'm excited for your wedding!